Requirements for Entry
- A valid Michigan Tech Student ID or
- A valid Michigan Tech Faculty/Staff Member ID
- All faculty/staff/students must fill out the COVID-19 Daily Symptom Tracking Form before arriving
- Face coverings upon entry and throughout the building at all times except when swimming and showering
- Follow social distancing practices and designated traffic patterns
Capacity Limits and Patron Expectations
- 35 patrons max at any time (no pre-registration, one in one out)
- All faculty/staff/students must fill out the COVID-19 Daily Symptom Tracking Form before arriving.
- Patrons can only attend their designated times (MTU Student or Member).
- Temperature checks will be required upon arrival in the fitness center. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to stay.
- Face coverings are required upon entry and throughout the building, including the fitness center, and while working out.
- All cardio machines will be available w/ plexiglass dividers between each.
- Weight machines are spaced 10 feet apart.
- Free weights, benches, squat racks, mats, balls, and tubing will be available.
- Patrons are required to wipe down equipment before and after each use and maintain a six-foot distance from others while in the fitness center.
- Sweat towels, mini lockers, and weight belts/straps will not be available.
- All large bags or belongings will need to be stored outside the fitness center.
General Fitness Center Rules
- Must be 16 years of age to exercise in the Fitness Center.
- All patrons are recommended to get medical clearance and learn proper use of fitness equipment from a personal trainer if beginning an exercise program.
- Dress Code: Fitness apparel and closed toed athletic shoes must be worn at all times. NO OUTSIDE shoes are allowed in the Fitness Center. Bring clean indoor athletic shoes to wear in the Fitness Center. Large jewlery should be removed when using equipment and machines.
- Only small fitness bags carrying fitness accessories are permitted in the Fitness Center and can be searched. All other bags and items must be left in hallway coat racks or stored in lockers.
- Tobacco, food, and drinks (other than closed water bottles) are not allowed in the Fitness Center. No glass bottles.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attidute in the Fitness Center. Take pride and do your part to keep the Fitness Center clean and functional.