Requirements for Entry
- Must be 16 years of age to exercise in the Fitness Center.
- A valid Michigan Tech Student ID or Access Holder ID
- An SDC action pass. Action pass holders will stop at the SDC Ticket Office (during business hours) to get their pass punched and receive a day-use wristband. During non-open hours, proceed directly to the Fitness Center. Present pass to the attendant to get punched and receive a day-use wristband.
- And SDC day pass. Day pass purchases can be made at the SDC Ticket Office (during business hours). Customers will receive a day-use wristband.
- Patrons are required to wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- Sweat towels will not be available.
- All large bags or belongings will need to be stored outside the fitness center.
General Fitness Center Rules
- All patrons are recommended to get medical clearance and learn the proper use of fitness equipment from a personal trainer if beginning an exercise program.
- Dress Code: Fitness apparel and closed-toed athletic shoes must be worn at all times. NO OUTSIDE shoes are allowed in the Fitness Center. Bring clean indoor athletic shoes to wear in the Fitness Center. Large jewelry should be removed when using equipment and machines.
- Only small fitness bags carrying fitness accessories are permitted in the Fitness Center and can be searched. All other bags and items must be left in hallway coat racks or stored in lockers.
- Tobacco, food, and drinks (other than closed water bottles) are not allowed in the Fitness Center. No glass bottles.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in the Fitness Center. Take pride and do your part to keep the Fitness Center clean and functional.
- Small valuable items (keys, IDs, cell phones) may be stored in complimentary mini lockers in the Fitness Center.