The safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance. We want to provide our guests with a safe and healthy environment. To do this, our staff has added the following to our regular cleanings:
- Hand sanitizer stations in the ice arena
- Increase the frequency of disinfection surfaces
- Sanitizing touch-points
- Encourage employees to wash their hands more frequently and to stay home if they are sick.
Individuals exhibiting the following symptoms will be asked not to enter the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena:
- Have you, or has a person you have been in close contact with, been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold-or-flu-like symptoms in the last 72 hours (including fever, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing)?
We encourage visitors to follow the guidance of the CDC for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. Some things you can do to help make the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena a safe environment include:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
Guidelines for Summer 2020:
- Maximum group size of 50
- Reservations will need to include names/contact information for all participants
- Reservation and program payments can only be made in one lump sum online or over the phone
- Lobby gatherings will not be permitted
- Vending machines and drinking fountains will not be available
- Locker rooms will not be accessible (come and leave dressed)
- Chairs/floor covering will be available in the lower hallway to tie skates/keep bags
- Bring your own water bottle and tissue box.
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to ice time and exit immediately following
- Facility entry will be through the University Images entrance
- Facility exit will be through the doors at the top of the far stairwell near the zamboni end of the ice area
- Ice surface entry will be through Locker Room #5 and exit through the Visitors bench
- Spectator viewing will be available in sections B, C, D and E only
- Wear a mask as you enter and leave the ice arena