*Face coverings are required upon entry regardless of vaccination status but may be removed during exercise/physical activity in the Student Development Complex and Gates Tennis Center. Please refer and adhere to all posted signage for specific areas inside the Student Development Complex.
Requirements for Entry
- A valid Michigan Tech Student ID or Membership ID or
- An SDC action pass. Action pass holders will stop at the SDC Ticket Office (during business hours) to get their pass punched and receive a day-use wristband.
- During non-open hours, proceed directly to the Multi ID Desk. Present pass to the attendant to get punched and receive a day-use wristband.
- Patrons must check in at the multi-desk prior to entering the racquetball courts.
- Racquetball courts and table tennis tables must be reserved prior to use.
- They can be reserved by the hour by calling 906-487-2761.
- Reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- All courts can be reserved for a maximum of two hours.
- Complete name and phone number of main contact is required to hold a valid reservation.
- Reservation information must include how many players are using each court (example: 1 student, 1 member).
- ALL participants must check in at the ID desk before entering the court. Valid ID or day use.
Registered student organizations can reserve courts for the entire semester by filling out an SDC Facility Reservation Form.
- Court 3 - Racquetball
- Court 4 - Racquetball/Wallyball
- Court 5 - Racquetball/Wallyball
- Court 6 - Table Tennis
Rules and General Information
- No black shoes are permitted on the courts.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own equipment. However, equipment is available for check-out at the Multi Desk.
- Available equipment:
- Racquetball: racquets, ball & goggles
- Table Tennis: paddles, balls & nets
- Wallyball: ball & nets
- Available equipment:
- Equipment will be stored in the cabinets by the Multi Desk.
- Equipment will be cleaned and sanitized upon return by the Multi Desk attendant.
- Please bring your own water bottle. No sharing with others!
- Towel service will not be in operation. Please bring your own towel.
- Played on Courts 3, 4 & 5
Singles, doubles, and cutthroat play permitted.
- Please wait outside and do not enter the court until the group in front of you has cleared the court.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- Table tennis tables will be available inside Racquetball Court 6 for open play (2 tables)
- Patrons will be responsible for wiping down the table after use. Spray bottles and towels will be available.
- Played on Courts 4 & 5
- Please wait outside and do not enter the court until the group in front of you has cleared the court