The racquetball courts are closed through December 18, 2020.
Requirements for Entry
- A valid Michigan Tech Student ID or
- A valid Michigan Tech Faculty/Staff ID (previous SDC members only)
- All faculty/staff/students must fill out the COVID-19 Daily Symptom Tracking Form before arriving
- All individuals are required to wear a face covering that fully covers the mouth and nose during their time in the facility including while exercising. Failure to properly wear the face covering at all times could result in a dismissal from the facility.
- Follow social distancing practices and designated traffic patterns
- Patrons must check in at the multi-desk and have their temperature checked prior to entering the racquetball courts. SDC staff will use a non-touch thermometer to record patrons' temperatures. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to stay.
- To make a reservation call 487-2761.
- Reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- Complete name and phone number of main contact is required to hold a valid reservation.
- Reservation information must include how many players are using each court (example: 2 Student, 1 member).
- ALL participants must check in at the ID desk before the group will be allowed to enter the court. Valid ID must be presented.
- All courts can be reserved for a maximum of two hours.
Registered student organizations can reserve courts for the entire semester by calling 906-487-2578.
- Court 3 - Racquetball
- Court 4 - Racquetball
- Court 5 - Racquetball
- Court 6 - Racquetball
- Maximum capacity = 3 patrons
- Wallyball will not be allowed until capacity numbers increase.
- No black shoes are permitted on the courts.
- Equipment issue is not available. Bring your own equipment.
Please wait outside and do not enter the court until the group in front of you has cleared the court.
Keep a six-foot distance from your opponent and other players in the hallway before, after, and in between games.
Singles play is recommended. - Cutthroat may be played.
Use more than one racquetball.o For Singles. Use two balls, one for each player. Use either a different color ball or make a marking on each ball with a Sharpie to differentiate. Eachplayer serves their own ball. When receiving, a player keeps their ball in their pocket or safely in a back corner out of play.o For Cutthroat: Same as Singles, but with three balls.
Do not touch other people’s equipment