Michigan Tech students have access to the pool through student fees and faculty, staff, and community members can purchase SDC memberships in a variety of price and length options.
Daily passes and group rates are also available. Groups of 10+ people are asked to call ahead at least (1) hour in advance. Larger groups (25+ people) are required to give advance notice by calling 906-487-2578 and will need to pay an additional lifeguard fee of $30/hour.
SDC building schedule available here. Reduced hours will be posted during University holidays, spring break and special events.
Pool Closures & Announcements
The SDC lap pool re-opens Monday, January 20. The dive tank remains closed at this time.
Phase 1 Pool Renovation Update
We are pleased to announce that during the first stage of renovation, December 13, 2019 - January 19, 2020, the following list of items have been addressed:
- Dive tank was acid washed and gutters were regrouted and cleaned.
- Wall and bench tiles were replaced/repaired.
- Pool deck tiles were replaced/repaired.
- Bleachers were removed.
Phase 2 Pool Renovation (Tentatively scheduled to begin May 2, 2020, more information will be posted as it becomes available.)
- Replace filtration system.
- Venting of mechanical room.
- Acid washing of lap pool.
- Removal of platform and removal/replacement of dive boards.
- Replacement of bleachers.
Thank you for your patience as we work through the renovation project.
Additional Entrance to Pool
The hallway doors, leading out past the Pool office, will be propped open during all open swim times: Monday-Friday 6:00-9:00am, 11:30am-1:30pm and 4:30pm-7:00pm, as well as Saturday-Sunday 12:00-5:00pm. This will allow access into the pool for families, and those not using the general locker rooms 109 and 110.
January 20 - May 1, 2020 Schedule
|Monday - Thursday||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
(4 lap lanes available)
SPRING BREAK - The pool will be closed for Spring Break Friday, March 6, through Sunday, March 15.
- 16 years of age and older
- 8 lap lanes available
- All ages are welcome (under 12 require a chaperon)
- All levels and types of swimming are welcome