Registration and payment can be completed online, by phone at 906-487-2073, or at the SDC Ticket Office. Participants/guardians must sign a waiver of liability and concussion awareness form prior to participation. Gates Tennis Center is not responsible for the security of property lost, found or abandoned in the facility. Users are expected to keep their belongings such as cell phones and laptops within their sight at all times.
Adult Huskies Tennis Lessons are now being offered for ages 17 and up who are looking to learn more about the game of tennis! Each class will include technique and games to learn and develop skills that will improve their workouts and match play on their own. Class size is limited.
Lesson participants are encouraged to bring their own equipment for lessons, but Gates can provide equipment to those who don't have their own.
- Monday, 7:00-8:00pm
- Wednesday, 7:00-8:00pm
Spring 2021 Session Dates
Session 1: January 20 - February 17, 2021 (registration closes January 16, 11:59pm)
Session 2: February 22 - March 31, 2021 (registration closes February 20, 11:59pm)
Session 3: April 5 - May 12, 2021 (registration closes April 3, 11:59pm)
Session 1, Mondays, 4-week session: $50
Session 1, Wednesdays, 5-week session: $62.50
Sessions 2 & 3, 6-week session, 1 day/week: $75
You are more than welcome to sign up for both class times and double the fun!
Drop-in rate: $15/class
Drop-in rates are only available if the class has not reached capacity. You will need to give notice to the instructor 24 hours before the class time if you want to drop-in.
- All students/guardians must wear a mask while at Gates Tennis Center. The only time a mask does not have to be worn is while drinking water. The teaching professional will also be masked. There are no provisions for medical intolerance reasons or medical waivers.
- All students must complete the COVID-19 Visitor Symptom Tracking Form before every class session. This can be done online or in person at the Gate's Tennis Center front desk.
- All students must bring their own individual water bottle. It can be filled at the fountain in the Gates Tennis Center lobby. No sharing of water bottles.
- The Gates Tennis Center lobby area will be for pick-up and drop-off of youth students. At this time, there will be no viewing of the lessons due to COVID-19 capacity limits.
- All students will be escorted by the teaching professional or Gates front desk attendant onto the court.
- All lessons will be socially distanced, and a space will be provided for belongings on the court bleachers.
- If equipment is borrowed for the lesson, it will be sanitized after each use. (We recommend that you have your own equipment. The teaching professional can give guidance on what equipment is best for the student.)
- All students are to leave in a timely manner after each lesson, no more than 10 minutes after the lesson has ended.
Contact Jamie D'Agostini, Gates Programming Coordinator, at 203-253-6739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Coach
Originally from Stamford, Connecticut, Jamie D'Agostini started playing competitive tennis and soccer at age 9 but quickly turned all of his attention toward tennis full time because he loved it so much! In high school, Jamie was a member of 4 state championship teams, along with competing in the USTA as a nationally ranked junior.
Jamie went on to attend the University of Hartford on a tennis scholarship. After 4 years of collegiate tennis and a major in history, he began his tennis teaching/coaching career in 1999. As a member of the USPTA, he worked at the Westport Tennis Club and Burning Tree Country Club. In 2011, he moved to Southern California to further pursue his tennis career. While in California, Jamie was Head Tennis Professional for the Wyatt Russell Tennis Academy in Costa Mesa, CA.
In October of 2020, Jamie moved to Houghton to run the recreational tennis program for Michigan Tech University and assist with the Huskies Men's and Women's tennis teams. He is very happy to be a part of the Michigan Tech staff and looks forward to growing junior and adult programs at Gates Tennis Center, as well as giving our clients the best tennis experience possible.