The Michigan Tech Gates Tennis Center is open to current students, and Gates members , and non-members who pay a daily court fee. The facility is implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule based on guidelines from the CDC and recreation facility standards.
Gates Tennis Center Health and Safety Measures
After much research on the best practices for reopening tennis facilities, the below are some, but not limited to, health and safety measures and guidelines that are taking place at the Gates Tennis Center:
- All members and rentals must fill out the COVID-19 Visitor Symptom Tracking Form before arriving.
- All faculty/staff/students must fill out the COVID-19 Daily Symptom Tracking Form before arriving.
- All front desk attendants will be wearing a mask.
- A mask is required at all times, even when playing. There are no provisions for medical intolerance reasons or medical waivers.
- Temperature checks will be required upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to stay.
- The flow of traffic will be marked off. You will always enter and exit through the right side.
- The lobby area lounge will remain closed and furniture will be used as a barrier between both sides.
- The bleachers will be marked off with spots six feet apart so you can place your belongings there or sit.
- There will be extra wipes and hand sanitizer out if you feel more comfortable taking the extra precautions.
- Wash your hands before and after activity.
- Please refrain from touching your face during activity.
- If you need to move the curtains on the court to retrieve a ball that has rolled under, please use your racket to avoid touching the curtains.
- The court curtains will be cleaned each month.
- Restrooms and Locker Rooms are cleaned daily.
- We ask that you do not spend any unnecessary time at the tennis facility. If you are done with your match or hitting session, please exit in a timely manner.
- The ball machine can be used if you are a member as it is included in your membership. It is currently not available for outside rental.
- Rental equipment is sanitized between uses.
- Locker rental is available to MTU students and Gates members only.
The Gates Tennis Center allows a 15-minute grace period for players running a little late. However, you may be required to relinquish the court if other players are waiting.
Please email email@example.com or call 906-487-2774 with any questions.