Michigan Tech’s Gates Tennis Center is the area’s premier indoor tennis facility. For beginners to pros and everyone in between, the Center has all of the top amenities, including:
- Four professional-quality indoor courts, all recently resurfaced
- Locker rooms with showers
- A pro shop with staff capable of handling all of your equipment needs, restringing racquets, performing repairs, answering questions, and more
Coaches and instructors are available for private lessons or take advantage of one of our fun, skill-building classes.
For the best value, annual, nine-month, six-month, and three-month memberships are available. Court time is also available to non-members at a daily rate.
|Spouse of Member||$191||$153||$124||$86|
|Child of Member*||$97||$79||$63||$44|
*Child of Member = Ages 4-18 w/family membership
Purchase passes and memberships in person at the Gates Tennis Center. Michigan Tech students enjoy unlimited tennis at the Gates Tennis Center through student fees. For more information, call 906-487-2774.
Locker rental with showers is available to Gates members and MTU students. Speak with a staff member to learn about rental lengths and rates.
|Annual Locker Rental||$65 + $10 Deposit||Two Consecutive Semesters Student Locker Rental||$50 + $10 Deposit|
|9 Month Locker Rental||$55 + $10 Deposit||One Semester Student Locker Rental||$35 + $10 deposit|
|6 Month Locker Rental||$45 + $10 Deposit||Daily Locker Rental||$2|
|3 Month Locker Rental||$40 + $10 Deposit|
|Daily Locker Rental||$2|
- All players must check in at the front desk before entering the courts. A valid Michigan Tech student ID or Gates pass card is required. All other players may pay the daily court fee.
- All visitors must fill out the COVID-19 Visitor Symptom Tracking Form before arriving
- All faculty/staff/students must fill out the COVID-19 Daily Symptom Tracking Form before arriving
- Face coverings upon entry and throughout the building at all times. There are no provisions for medical intolerance reasons or medical waivers.
- Follow social distancing practices and designated traffic patterns
Lost & Found
The SDC ticket office (487-2073) collects major value items found at the SDC and Gates Tennis Center. Within 48 hours, these items are forwarded to the Department of Public Safety and Police Services and held for safekeeping for up to six months. After an appropriate time has elapsed, the items are disposed of according to applicable state law.
Tennis rackets and minor value items left at Gates Tennis Center may be retrieved from staff at the tennis center (487-2774).
Gates Tennis Center is not responsible for the security of property lost, found or abandoned in the facility. Users are expected to keep their belongings such as cell phones and laptops within their sight at all times.