Spring 2022 Results & Photos
Want to try a tri? Michigan Tech Recreation is hosting an indoor triathlon for MTU students and SDC members! Unlike a traditional triathlon, which covers fixed distances of swimming, biking, and running, indoor triathlons challenge competitors to race the greatest distance with a fixed time frame. Beginners and seasoned athletes are welcome to participate in the 10-minute swim, 15-minute bike, and 10-minute run! Transition time is provided between events. Event capacity is limited.
Registration can be completed online. Participants must sign liability waiver and concussion awareness forms prior to participation. The SDC is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please do not leave valuables unattended.
Wednesday, April 6, 7:00 pm
Pre-Race Meeting 6:30 pm
Open to MTU students and SDC members with a valid MTU student ID or SDC membership. Must be 16 years of age or older to participate.
- This is an individual event with two divisions, Men's and Women's. The Indoor Triathlon will consist of three disciplines:
- The events will occur in the order listed above.
- All participants will be separated into heats of no more than 6 individuals.
- These heats will be created based on individuals' self-identified swimming levels prior to the event.
- Each discipline within the Triathlon will be based on a set time, not a set distance.
- A new heat will begin every 20 minutes.
- The event schedule is as follows:
|Triathlon Schedule of Events (per heat)|
|10 minute||Swim||SDC Pool|
|10 minute||Transition||Locker Rooms to Multipurpose Room|
|15 minute||Bike||Multipurpose Room|
|5 minute||Transition||Multipurpose Room|
|10 minute||Run||Multipurpose Room Track|
- Each discipline within the Indoor Triathlon will be scored separately, based on the distance traveled.
- The individual that travels the most distance swimming will get 1 point, the second most distance will get 2 points, etc.
- The individual that travels the most distance cycling will get 1 point, the second most distance will get 2 points, etc.
- The individual that travels the most distance running will get 1 point, the second most distance will get 2 points, etc.
- After the three events, each individual will have their points from each event totaled.
- The individual with the fewest points will win.
For MTU Students and SDC Members only!
But you must register to participate.
Registration opens: March 2, 2022
Registration closes: March 30, 2022, 11:59pm EST