On Friday, September 16th, please use the first entrance to the horseshoe hallway to access the locker rooms. The second entrance will be closed due to construction. Signage will be posted accordingly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Adult supervision is required for all children at the SDC under age 12. Fitness Center participants must be 16 years old for admittance. All questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Please note the hallway to the locker rooms will be closed on Tuesday, September 13th. Signage will be posted to help direct you towards the new access doors for each locker room.
Locker Rental Rates
All locker rental purchases can be completed by visiting or calling the SDC Ticket Office at 906-487-2073.
|Annual Locker Rental||$85||Two Consecutive Semesters Student Locker Rental||$70|
|9 Month Locker Rental||$75||One Semester Student Locker Rental||$55|
|6 Month Locker Rental||$65|
|3 Month Locker Rental||$60|
*Locker rentals are available to current MTU Students, SDC Access Pass (minimum 3-month rate) holders or Annual Trails Access holders. Please see locker policies below regarding rental guidelines including rooms available to patron groups.
The SDC has separate men's and women's public locker rooms, as well as two men's access locker rooms and two women's access locker rooms. These locker rooms provide access to the pool, showers, and sauna. A gender-neutral locker room is also available and swipe access is granted by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by purchasing this locker rental at the SDC Ticket Office.
Locker Room General Policies
- Personal locks may be used on open lockers during facility hours but must be removed at the end of the day. Any personal locks remaining on lockers overnight will be cut and items removed.
- Locker rentals are available to current MTU Students, SDC Access Pass (minimum 3-month rate) holders, or Annual Trails Access holders.
- When initially issued a locker to rent, if the assigned locker is occupied, please visit the Ticket Office for reassignment. Do not place a rental lock on a locker without confirming its availability with the Ticket Office.
- Only assigned loose locks can be used for rentals.
- Locks must remain on rented lockers for the duration of the rental. This is to prevent day users from occupying rented lockers.
- Only one person can rent a locker at a time.
- Locker rentals in locker rooms 110 (men's general locker room) and 109 (women's general locker room) are available to MTU Students, SDC Access Pass holders (minimum 3-month rate) and Annual Trails Access holders.
- Locker rentals in women's locker rooms 107, 109G, and 109F are for adult (ages 18+) SDC Access Pass holders (minimum 3-month rate) only.
- Locker rentals in men's locker rooms 104 and 105 are for adult (ages 18+) SDC Access Pass holders (minimum 3-month rate) only.
- No hockey equipment may be stored in the locker rooms.
- No cell phone or video use in the locker rooms.
- An issued lock must be returned to the ticket office upon the expiration of the locker rental.
Day Use Locker Locations and Policies
Day-use lockers are available in the men’s and women’s public locker rooms as well as in the hallway outside of the multipurpose room. Locker dimensions are 12” x 11.5” x 2’ 11.5”.
- These lockers cannot be assigned for long-term use.
- These lockers are open for use during facility hours only.
- All personal items and locks must be removed at the end of each day.
- Any overnight locks will be cut and items removed.
Additional Locker Room Information
Lockers consist of an upper compartment, main compartment, and lower compartment. The upper compartment is 18” x 10.75” x 9”, the main compartment is 18” x 10.75” x 51” and the lower compartment is 18” x 10.75” x 11”.
All locker rooms are accessible past the SDC ID desk. Access ID/Student ID/issued wristband is required to go past this point.
In addition to access through recreation and rentals, students have access to the general locker rooms for PE classes and IM events.
The SDC is a family-oriented facility. However, due to no available space for a family locker room, when children of the opposite sex are in the locker room with their guardian, we ask that all parties respect the safety and privacy of others and use discretion. Bathroom stalls and curtained showers are available for privacy.
Access to the pool area for a family not needing a locker room is available by the pool office.
Complimentary Mini Lockers
Complimentary mini lockers are available in the Fitness Center (ideal for IDs, wallets, phones, etc.).
Bathing Suit Dryers
A bathing suit dryer is available in the general men’s and women’s locker rooms. This device is cleaned regularly and available for use.