NOTE: Actual ski rental does not begin until January 10. (You can get your pass now, just not the equipment!)
As the ski season approaches, we are happy to provide the Nordic Ski Rental season pass again. We have updated our fleet of skis with New Atomic skis, boots, and poles. In addition, we have added youth equipment as well! So have your kids try skiing with a small commitment by buying a pass for them too! Access sales begin online on November 1, 2021, and will resume in-person sales on December 6, 2021. Passes can be purchased at the Central Ticket Office in the Student Development Center (SDC) during open hours.
Michigan Tech Students
Michigan Tech Students can purchase a Nordic Ski season equipment pass for $15. First-come, first-serve.
Non-students can purchase a Nordic Ski season equipment pass for $25. First come, first serve.
- Please purchase your ski equipment pass online before you come for the first time. The more people that have memberships before they arrive, the quicker we can check out equipment.
- Season equipment use passes are for equipment only. This does not include access to the trails. A separate pass must be purchased for trail access. Trail use for MTU students is included in the Experience Tech Fee.
- Ski equipment must be used on the Tech Trail system and returned before close each day, 8:00pm. They are not permitted to be taken to other trail systems or off groomed trails.
- Equipment is issued on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservations.
- Snowshoes can also be rented from the OAP at the SCNSWC (Systems Control Nordic Ski Waxing Center) for a daily rate and can be kept a max of 2 consecutive nights.
- We will have staff to help get the correct equipment as efficiently as possible.
- Ski boots can be put on while still in the building to ensure the correct fit. However, there will be no storage available for your bags, boots, jackets, etc. Please plan to keep them in your vehicle or another secure location outside of the waxing center.
- We will record your boot size, ski number, and pole color to help speed up your checkout process during future visits.
- Skis and poles should be set outside to acclimate to the temperature before laying on the snow.
- Boots, skis, and poles can be left outside the OAP/Waxing Shed in the designated space. Please connect with OAP staff if there is damage or any issues with the equipment.
- Boots can be sprayed and placed on the boot dryer.
- Skis and poles can be left leaning on the ski rack in front of the OAP/Waxing Shed.
- All equipment will be cleaned and disinfected before they are available for the next use.
Please let us know of any damage or issues with the skis upon return. Any damage outside of normal wear and tear may result in fees.
Thank you for supporting the Outdoor Adventure Program and the Michigan Tech Nordic Ski Trails!