April 17, 2021
Join the OAP for our annual auction of used, surplus gear as we prepare to replace it with nice, new equipment!
MacInnes Ice Arena Concourse (aka the Breakaway Zone)
- All sales that are non-OAP items are cash only sales.
- OAP items can be paid for with cash, credit, and check.
- Items must be picked up Saturday, April 17, before 4pm at the MacInnes Ice Arena.
- $100 cash sale limit - The buyer and seller will need to connect and arrange payment for any items selling for more than $100.
We will be accepting your gear for sale as well beginning on Wednesday, April 14 until Friday April 16, during regular OAP hours. Silent auction will begin at 10am on Saturday, and final bids must be submitted by 1:00pm. Winning bidders can pay and pick up items up from 2:00pm-4:00pm on Saturday. More details will be posted, as well as a sneak peek of OAP equipment for sale!
- You may attempt to sell as much working condition outdoor gear as you would like and receive 100% of the sale price.
- Items can be dropped off April 14-16 at the OAP during regular business hours.
Wednesday, April 14 - 2:00-7:00pm
Thursday, April 15 - 2:00-7:00pm
Friday, April 16 - 10:00am-5:00pm
Outdoor Adventure Program
Michigan Tech Recreational Trails
Houghton MI 49931
- Items that are dropped off for auction need to be logged and identified by the seller with as much detail as possible.
- As seller of the item(s), you will need to set the starting bid price. Set the starting bid price as the minimum you are willing to sell it for.
- If your item doesn't sell, you will need to pick up any unsold items by 4pm on April 17.
- If your item does sell, and is under the price limit, we will take care of sales. As soon as all of your sold items have been picked up and paid for, you will get 100% of the total sale price, with most payouts the same day.
- Buyers only have to show up the day of the auction and will register upon entry.
- Buyers will be responsible for all bids. Please do not bid if you do not intend to pay.
- Buyers are responsible for checking on bids to determine if they won. All items must be picked up the day of the auction.
- Buyers can bid more than once on an item, however the highest bid will be the valid bid.
- Will the OAP take a percent of the sale? No. What you sell the item for is what you get. OAP does take donations though.
- Do I have to auction my items off or can I just set a price for sale? Depending on the cost, you could do either. We have a ‘Buy it Now’ table with items under $20 or you can set a sale price as a starting bid and let the price go from there.
- What if my item(s) do not sell? You will need to pick up any unsold items by 4pm on April 17 or they will become property of the OAP.
- When do I get my money if my items sell? We will take care of all sales and as soon as all of your sold items have been picked up and paid for, you will get 100% of the total sale price, with most payouts happening the same day.
- When and where is the sale? Saturday, April 17, 10am-1pm in the MacInnes Ice Arena.
- Can I place a bid for my roommate/friend/significant other/other? No. You can only place bids for yourself.